Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Packing on the Treadmill

For pure "What the Hellness" I threw on my backpack before I got on the treadmill and it seemed to make time go by a lot faster. I notice it seemed to improve my posture and it did not seem like I had to intentionally walk in a straight line. It was not fully loaded with gear, maybe weighing in about ten pounds or more. I have not decided if I will continue to do this but I have been thinking about the possibility of slowly adding some weight. I can see where this would make trail life a bit easier and burn some more calories as I go. I know some athletes wear weighted vest or packs as they run on a treadmill. I have been planning on getting a weighted vest after I get down to 300 pounds so I could add one pound of weight for every pound lost, but this may take place of that or bounce back and forth between pack and vest to keep things mixed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment